Example configuration of your plugin.cfg:
Example configuration of a release.cfg (prerelease.cfg uses the same syntax):
- Save the release.cfg and prerelease.cfg into your repository (e.g. into the root directory of your plugin), so it is available via Internet for LoxBerry.
- The VERSION is the new version of your release/pre-release.
- The ARCHIVEURL in the release.cfg/prerelease.cfg must be the ZIP download url (the real zip, not a download page) of that version.
- Put the URLs to the release.cfg and prerelease.cfg for these files into your plugin.cfg
If you have a new release or prerelease
- Edit the release.cfg or prerelease.cfg file, updating
- the VERSION with the new number
- the ARCHIVEURL link with the new zip file
- the INFOURL if you provide a link e.g. to a What's New website (could be in LoxWiki). INFOURL is optional.
How LoxBerry processes the scheduled Plugin AutoUpdate :
- On installation, LoxBerry stores the RELEASECFG and PRERELEASECFG link from the plugin.cfg in the local Plugin database.
- If the user has enabled Automatic Update for your plugin to "Release" or "Prerelease", or "Notify" about new versions, LoxBerry downloads the release.cfg and prerelease.cfg with the given url's.
- It parses the downloaded release.cfg and prerelease.cfg for the version number.
- If the version number is higher than the current installed version number, it downloads the zip from the url in release.cfg/prerelease.cfg. (or, if "Notify" is selected, only a notification is sent)
- After downloading and checking the zip, the plugin installation is triggered automatically in the background.
Therefore, a new version can always been triggered by updating the release.cfg and prerelease.cfg that is hosted in your repository.